As an Architectural Associate at D+W, you will be an essential team member responsible for creating project design, development, and construction documents. Working under the direction of the project leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills such as early project presentation images and documents, construction documents including BIM (Revit) development, project detailing, specification research and general project advancement and completion.
• 3+ years of production in design and drafting using Revit software, possessing an in-depth working knowledge of the current version of the software is required
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Architecture is strongly preferred. Candidates with other degrees or education will be considered based on demonstrated capabilities.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or related software for visualization and presentations is preferred
• Knowledge of LEED principles; LEED AP certification preferred, but not required.
• Excellent communications skills required. Ability to think and act proactively.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience with public bid projects in Massachusetts is considered advantageous
• Active pursuit of professional registration is preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate with Project Teams in the development of presentation and construction documents at all phases of design, development, and construction.
• Conduct research related to products, building code, energy code, or accessibility code research.
• Communicate effectively with other staff members to convey information about changes and new elements introduced into the model that may affect their work.
• Identify problematic issues and discuss proactively with the Project Team to develop workable design and construction solutions.
• Prepare finished construction documents working independently with moderate supervision.
• Receive and process quality assurance feedback on work products with the intent of revising refining documents for presentation and/or construction.
• Perform self-initiated checking of assignments prior to review or presentation.
Dore + Whittier is looking for architectural professionals who are passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of children, teachers, and other public servants. For 30 years our firm has been a leader in educational facility design with a strong focus on public K-12 schools and public safety projects. With offices in Newburyport, MA, and Burlington, VT, D+W is an award-winning full-service design and project management firm that fosters close collaboration at all levels. We pride ourselves in our commitment to designing buildings that inspire its users with exciting, functional, sustainable, and cost-effective design.
Contact: Dore + Whittier
Email: msolomon@ doreandwhittier.com