A Collection of Position Papers and Resources by AIA Vermont's Public Policy Committee (PPC):
PPC Position Statements:
- Support for H. 594: To name the Div. of Fire Safety as “authority having jurisdiction” for RBES and CBES.
- Position on the work of the Vt Climate Council - The Climate Council was created in 2020 by Act 153 and this is a call to action for Architects to get involved.
- Support for H. 157 – This urges the Legislature to enact a statute to protect homeowners and implement “light" regulations for residential contractors.
- Vt Law Requires a licensed Design Professional for all Commercial Building Projects - Many small commercial projects are being done by unlicensed entities and are being reviewed accepted by regulating officials.
- Architects in local Governance – encourages cities, towns and municipalities to strongly consider employing architects for their departments.
- Statute of Repose - Our long term fight to establish a repose statute to protect design professionals for unlimited liability
Resources for Architects
Affordable Housing: Enabling Better Places: A Zoning Guide for Vermont Neighborhoods
How to Contact Your Representatives
Calling or writing your elected officials is one of the best ways to make your voice heard, and it's easier than you might think! Click the links below to find contact information for the people who represent you at the state and federal level.
Pro Tip: Save your representatives' contact information in your phone so you have them on "speed dial".
The AIA Vermont Public Policy Committee meets monthly via video conference. Learn more about joining this and other committees here.