Award Details and Nomination Information
The American Institute of Architects, Vermont Chapter, will recognize an AIAVT Member with the John Dale Thinker & Collaborator Award in honor of the late John Dale, who dedicated his service to AIAVT for several years and passed away during his term as 2020 president. John, a lover of books and friend to many, was also a thoughtful leader and socially responsible member of his community, who donated time to United Way as a volunteer and board member, and to Meals on Wheels, delivering meals to community members in need, during his Friday lunch breaks.
This peer nomination award recognizes an AIAVT member architect who dedicates their time both to the profession and to their community, and who, like John, is a thoughtful leader, and an advocate for diversity and social equity. John’s leadership style was best embodied by the red and black pens he kept on his desk. The black pens were what he used to capture his own thoughts and the red pens were used when collaborating with others. This award acknowledges John Dale and others for using their talent and expertise to contribute to the improvement of their community and the lives of others.
- The nomination process for the award is coordinated by the AIAVT Executive Committee and the AIAVT Awards Committee.
- Candidates may be nominated by any individual including, but not limited to: AIAVT Members, non-AIAVT members, and the general public.
- Candidates must be an AIAVT Member in good standing.
- Candidates must be a licensed architect.
- Current AIAVT Board Members and members of the awards committee are ineligible.
- The award recipient is selected by a joint review of nominees by the AIAVT Executive Committee and the AIAVT Awards Committee, for recommendation to the AIAVT Board of Directors.
- The Awardee will be notified at the AIAVT Annual Meeting, and will receive a certificate of recognition, a black pen and red pen in honor of John Dale, be publicly announced at the Annual Meeting and Design Awards event.
- On behalf of the award recipient, AIAVT will make a monetary donation to the charitable organization of the Awardee’s choosing.
- The Awardee’s chosen charitable organization will be vetted by the AIAVT Executive Committee for conflicts of interest.
Candidates who have been previously nominated are encouraged to be re-nominated.
- All nominations must be received no later than October 30 of each year.
- Complete the online nomination form: https://forms.gle/VbBCu1QcZpo2LNgX7