The Architectural Associate is an essential team member responsible for the creation of project design, development, and construction documents.
An Architectural Associate will work under the direction of a project Job Captain and/or Project Manager and will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of work such as early project presentation images and documents, construction documents including BIM (Revit) development, project detailing, specification research and general project advancement and completion.
• 3+ years of production in design and drafting using Revit software, possessing an in-depth working knowledge of the current version of the software is required
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Architecture is strongly preferred. Candidates with other
degrees or education will be considered based on demonstrated capabilities.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or related software for visualization and presentations is preferred
• Knowledge of LEED principles; LEED AP certification preferred, but not required.
• Excellent communications skills required. Ability to think and act proactively.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Experience with public bid projects in Massachusetts is considered advantageous
• Active pursuit of professional registration is preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate with Project Teams in the development of presentation and construction documents at all phases of design, development, and construction.
• Conduct research related to products, building code, energy code, or accessibility code research.
• Communicate effectively with other staff members to convey information about changes and new elements introduced into the model that may affect their work.
• Identify problematic issues and discuss proactively with the Project Team to develop workable design and construction solutions.
• Prepare finished construction documents working independently with moderate supervision.
• Receive and process quality assurance feedback on work products with the intent of revising refining documents for presentation and/or construction.
• Perform self-initiated checking of assignments prior to review or presentation.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected to perform.
Contact: Michelle Solomon
Email: msolomon@ doreandwhittier.com