Smith and Vansant Architects PC is looking for an architect/project manager to join our firm.
We are a small, friendly, design-oriented firm located in White River Junction, Vermont. Our practice focuses on highly customized residential work as well as small institutional, commercial, and community projects, with a commitment to sustainable building systems. We work in a variety of styles spanning from contemporary design to traditional detailing.
We are looking for an individual with a compatible design sensibility and strong organizational skills, who is interested in working in a range of architectural styles, enjoys a collaborative design process, and is eager to contribute to a project from conceptual design to construction administration. Finding a good personality match with our small firm is very important to us. We are focused on producing beautiful, thoughtful and responsible work, but also value our time outside of the office hiking, gardening, swimming, skiing and generally enjoying our beautiful environment.
• Professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution (M. Arch preferred)
• Excellent communication (written & interpersonal) and organizational skills
• High-level proficiency in BIM software is strongly preferred
• CAD 2D drafting required (Vectorworks is a plus)
• Familiarity with sustainable practices & theory
• Ability to work on/manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Construction documentation/detailing experience
• Proficiency in Sketch-up, energy modeling and/or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• Experience with ADA, building codes, routine structural design is a plus
• Freehand sketching ability is valued
• Please send a cover letter with resume and work samples attached as PDFs (no larger than 15 MB), to info@ smithandvansant.com.
• Please no telephone calls or unsolicited visits. We will be in touch with those whom we are interested in interviewing. Thanks for your interest.
Smith & Vansant Architects PC is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes health insurance, health savings, and 401(k) plans; vacation and personal days.
Contact: Smith & Vansant Architects
Email: info@ smithandvansant.com