Proposed AIAVT Bylaws Changes
AIAVT is requesting that members review the changes proposed for the AIAVT bylaws, which can be found in this pdf. Changes are highlighted in yellow, and summarized below:
- The changes to 3.04 and 3.06 were dictated by AIA National’s lawyers.
- The change to 6.01 is to allow an “extra” non-officer board member to participate as a non-voting member of the ExComm.
- The change to 6.22 is to add the ability for the ExComm to fill a vacant position on the Board of Directors, if it can’t be filled by election.
- The change to 6.352 (Treasurer's delegation of responsibility) is to take away the $3500 cap on checks signed by the Executive Director for payment of expenses each month, and keep the requirement that each check over $500 needs treasurer's approval before the ED can sign.
- The change to 7.01 is to extend the deadline for budget approval to the first 2 months of the fiscal year, instead of requiring final budget by end of previous year.
The bylaws will be approved by a vote of the members at the AIAVT 2019 Design Awards and Annual Meeting, scheduled for Weds, Dec. 4th, 2019 at the UVM Alumni House in Burlington, VT. Learn more about the event and register to attend here.