Better Homes Awards Program - Entry Deadline
The BHA is a Longstanding Tradition of The Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Northern VT.
Our Better Homes Awards Celebrate, Recognize and Showcase our Member's Fine Craftsmanship, Excellence in Housing Design, Architecture, Interior Design, Landscaping and Remodeling.
This year there are 25 Categories (20 paid and 5 no fee) for entrants, from New Construction and Remodeling to Single Family and Multifamily to Landscaping and Best Feature.
- HBRANV Members may submit entries in one or more categories
- Members may submit more than one project per category
- Only Projects completed between August 2014 - September 2015 are eligible
- All entries are anonymous to Judges and People's Choice Voters
- Entrants must agree to all terms and conditions of entering an entry and photography
- All required fields must be filled in, in order to submit your entry
- Entries must be paid in full prior to submission
- Payments & Entries submitted after the deadline are inadmissible
- All first Entries are $350 (no charge for People's Choice & Efficiency VT Sponsored Awards)
- Additional Entries are $250 each
- All Entries will automatically be submitted into the People's Choice Category (no charge)
- All Entries that meet the criteria for Energy Efficiency Awards must be entered and submitted by the entrant (no charge)
HBRANV restricts the right to determine submission qualifications for the efficiency categories
Criteria & Judging
Project descriptions are very important as they can help the Judges when scoring criteria
Detail and effort should be put into each of them
Each entry must include photos (each photo must name the photographer) and descriptions.
The smaller paragraph will be viewed along with your entry. The larger paragraph is for the judges. It is important to incorporate information from the the following fields in your judging paragraph as the judges must score on the 7 specific areas.
Judges will be scoring on the following criteria:
- Building, Detail or Feature Design/Redesign
- Efficient Utilization of Space
- Innovation- Innovative use of materials, products or construction/design/remodeling practices
- Compatibility- Compatibility with existing environment
- Cost Efficiency- Cost efficient build/design remodel project value as measured by dollars/square foot
- Energy Saving Design/or Materials
New Entrants: Please register as a new user to submit your entries
Returning Entrants: You will be contacted with you log in information