In order to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the foundation of APT International on June 15, 1968, and the special relationship between Canada and the United States, ATP Que?bec and APT’s Northeast Chapter are pleased to present a joint event in the Canadian border village of Stanstead.
The event includes visits as well as conferences on Appalachian granite (quarrying, geology, physical properties, mechanisms of deterioration, repair techniques, etc.) and on the preservation of living and built heritage along the border.
Event Highlights: (View the full program here)
Friday June 8th
· Meeting point at the Haskell Opera House
· Visit of Rock of Ages’ granite quarry and cutting workshop
· Visit of Colby Curtis Museum visit the including afternoon tea service to be followed by a cocktail party celebrating the APT International’s 50th anniversary.
Saturday June 9th
· Several conferences by specialists including Edmund P. Meade, Principal and Director of Preservation at Silman, Trevor Gillingwater, Masonry Conservator, Mary Jablonski of Jablonski Building Conservation, and Ed Sewell, Principal at GB Geotechnics USA, Inc.
· Visit of Haskell Opera House and other vernacular heritage buildings in Stanstead
· Roundtable on the Haskell Opera (case study).