2nd Annual Sustainable Home Tour
2nd Annual Sustainable Home Tour in the Southern Connecticut River Valley from Dummerston, VT to Greenfield, MA from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. This will be a self-guided tour of new homes, deep energy retrofits, and an addition in which all homes have given consideration to energy efficiency, renewable energy, health and safety, durability, and local product selection. Builders will be available at the homes to answer all questions about products, processes and technology. This is a great opportunity to experience, learn, and see what is possible with high performance building. SEON is especially excited to have the homes of Alex Wilson, founder of BuildingGreen, Inc., and Peter Yost, Vice-President, Technical Services of BuildingGreen, Inc, on our tour. Following is a list of featured homes.
· Greenfield, MA – A new super-insulated home appealing to both traditionalists and modernists that is almost passive house certified.
· Brattleboro, VT – A new modern 5+ Energy Star rated home achieving a Bronze Tier Energy Code Plus Rating and constructed with a need for accessibility.
· Dummerston, VT – A VERMOD net-zero modular home utilizing Community Solar supplying 100% of electricity. The owner moved in the day it was delivered.
· Dummerston, VT – The Wilsons’ net-zero deep energy retrofit of an old farmhouse utilizing products, materials, and technologies that Alex has been writing about and promoting—essentially being his own Guinea Pig.
· Brattleboro, VT – The Yosts’ 110 year old high performance home whose staged deep energy retrofit took 11 years to complete with Peter doing a majority of the work in his “free” time. Special consideration given to water management (rainscreen cladding systems) and durability.
· Downtown Brattleboro, VT - This energy efficient addition and retrofit/renovation demonstrates the builder’s historically sensitive approach to this early 1800s timber frame cottage.
For locations, details and online ticket sales visit www.seon.info/HomeTour. Purchase advance tickets online until noon, Wednesday, October 11th. Advance Tickets are $12 or 2 for $20. Day of event: Tickets at the door at all home locations are $15 or 2/$25. Tickets on sale at Village Square Booksellers (Bellows Falls), Friends of the Sun (Brattleboro), and Everyone’s Books (Brattleboro). These locations will only accept cash or checks.
SEON wishes to thank its sponsors: Brattleboro Savings and Loan, VSECU, Integrated Solar, Perkins Home and Building Center, RGS Energy, Berkley & Veller Greenwood Country Realtors, D.B Franklin and Son Heating and Cooling LLC, and Efficiency Vermont.