Project Manager | Architect
Smith & Vansant Architects PC is looking for a Project Manager or Architect to join our firm. We are a small, friendly, design-oriented firm located in White River Junction, Vermont. Our practice focuses on highly customized residential work as well as institutional, commercial, and community projects. We work in a variety of styles spanning from contemporary design to traditional detailing.
We are looking for an individual with a strong design sensibility, who is comfortable working in a range of architectural styles, who enjoys a collaborative design process and can contribute to a project from conceptual design through construction administration. Finding a good personality match with our small firm is very important to us. We are focused on producing beautiful, thoughtful and responsible work, but also value our time outside of the office hiking, gardening, swimming, skiing and generally taking advantage of our beautiful environment!
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution (M. Arch preferred)
- Excellent communication (written & interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Proficiency with CAD 2D drafting required (Vectorworks is a plus)
- Interest and knowledge of sustainable practices & theory (LEED Accreditation is a plus)
- Ability to work on/manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in high-end residential design preferred
- Experience in commercial/institutional design preferred
- Construction documentation/detailing experience
- Proficiency in Sketch-up, energy modeling and/or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Experience with ADA and building codes
- Experience with routine structural design is a plus
- Freehand sketching ability is highly valued
- Please send a cover letter with resume and work samples attached as PDFs (no larger than 15 MB), to info@. smithandvansant.com
- Please no telephone calls or unsolicited visits. We will be in touch with those whom we are interested in interviewing. Thanks for your interest.
Smith & Vansant Architects PC is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation includes health insurance, health savings, and 401(k) plans; vacation and personal days.