Architect or Designer
Upper Valley firm seeking a candidate with 3+ years of experience for a team-oriented role on residential projects
Title: Architect/Intern Architect/Designer
Location: White River Junction, Vermont
Our team is seeking a highly creative and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about design. Smith & Vansant Architects PC is a small, friendly, design-oriented firm. Our practice focuses primarily on highly custom residential work, as well as a smattering small institutional, commercial, and community projects. We have a strong commitment to sustainable building practices. We are looking for an individual with a compatible design sensibility and strong organizational skills who enjoys a collaborative working process.
Our immediate need is for a well-rounded individual with Revit skills who can contribute effectively, in a team setting, to the development of drawing sets. We envision this being a long-term position with strong potential for increasing responsibility over time - from conceptual design to construction administration and project management.
Seeking applicants with:
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role, ideally
• Proficiency in Revit. Experience with Vectorworks, SketchUp, Enscape, MS and Adobe software suites would be a plus.
• Strong design, visualization, and presentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication, collaboration, and problem-solving abilities. Attention to detail is essential.
• Knowledge of wood-frame construction techniques, residential design, sustainable design practices, ADA, and building codes is preferred
It is very important to us to find someone who is a good fit for our office culture. We would love to hear from you, even if your background doesn’t meet all of our requirements for the position.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and increasing responsibility within the company.
White River Junction is in the vibrant Upper Valley region of Vermont and New Hampshire that surrounds Dartmouth College. The area combines outstanding four-season rural recreational opportunities, a surprising abundance of cultural events, and an array of wonderful small communities within easy travel distance. It is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family!
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter, portfolio, and work samples to info@ smithandvansant.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact: Ira Clark
Email: info@ smithandvansant.com