SOLAR HOT WATER WORKSHOPS
Learn how to design, install and maintain solar domestic hot water and solar space heating systems for Vermont's climate!
SHW Course Description
This two day workshop trains building professionals in the art of solar hot water design and installation. Day 1 introduces domestic solar hot water systems, component details, design considerations and installation. Day 2 focuses in on solar space heating potential, advanced system components, software applications for the trade, economic paybacks and incentives. This course is aimed at builders, plumbers, architects and engineers interested broadening their services to clients by offering solar hot water services.
Michael Horowitz of Sustainable Solutions in Marshfield, VT brings over 25 years of experience in renewable energy and green building strategies to the podium. His business focuses on Green Home and Renewable Energy System Design Services. Michael has tailored this course to those wishing to pursue Solar Thermal Application services in the Vermont Cold Climate, his presentation style is responsive to the partipants needs and interests. www.sustainablesol.com
- Introduction to solar domestic hot water (DSHW) and solar space heating systems
- Domestic solar hot water component details.
- Siting, sizing and design of DSHW.
- Installation & maintenance for DSHW.
- Economic payback overview and marketing strategies for solar hot water.
- Overview of federal and state incentives and the REV Solar Partnership application.
- Solar space heating design details including passive solar and active solar sources
- Advanced system components for DSHW and solar space heating systems.
- Troubleshooting for all solar systems and common component maintenance concerns.
- RET Screen and other software applications.
- Introduction to solar mathematics for siting and sizing systems
- Solar hot water marketing and economics paybacks and incentives.
$400 Two Day Workshop Series
$50 BSR & NESEA Member Discount (Sign up and Save)
$50 Early Registration Discount (Two Weeks prior to workshop date)
$50 Licensed Plumber Discount
$225 One Day Workshop (Day One or Day Two)
$25 BSR & NESEA Member Discount (Sign up and Save)
$25 Early Registration Discount (Two Weeks prior to workshop date)
$25 Licensed Plumber Discount
Visit our Pay Pal Checkout
or Download our Registration Form to send a check.
Call Hillary @ 802.735.2192 or